gra-tu-i-tous |grəˈt(y)oōitəs|
{ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Latin gratuitus ‘given freely,spontaneous’}
adjective:
1. uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted : gratuitous violence.2. given or done free of charge : gratuitous advice.
vi-o-let |ˈvī(ə)lət|{ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French violette} adjective:
1. a bluish-purple color seen at the end of the spectrum opposite red.
noun:
2. a herbaceous plant of temperate regions, typically having purple, blue,or white five-petaled flowers, one of which forms a landing pad for pollinating insects. Genus Viola, family Violaceae.
3. ME.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sangria and Scissors = Sleeping Over

it started out innocent enough. 
i guess.
s. called and asked what i was up to this tuesday. 
"coming over to craft." was my honest reply.
i packed up way too many supplies, a big 'ol bottle of pinot, and headed over to s. & e.'s place.

letraset, barbie valentines, origami paper 
& cool stars- taken from a gift box i rescued

when i arrived, i spread out my stuff, and we cracked open the "juice."

googley eyes; check. friends; check. magenta/zebra print duct tape; 
check. fancy napkins; check. celery; check. pinot; check. gel medium; check. 
and a wee spot of sangria; definitely check.

 don't drink sangria on an empty stomach, kids.

e. presented us with a tasty snacky spread

s. asked if i knew how to make a pop-up card. 
"of course." 
what can i say, i know random shit. 
(i am also the trivial psychic- but that's another story for later.)
below is the 3-minute product of my head and creativity:

pop-up! 

we had a few laughs, had some sangria, had some more laughs
and... 

stronger than it looked. waay stronger!

i made this mess:

the "blonde" has googley eyes, naturally.

the postcard is actually done- though was not photographed- 
it has more barbies collaged on it, and the words "sexy time" in red letraset on it. 
the other is a bookmark i made for someone i do not know. 
i cannot even tell you her name. 

let's call her SANGRIA, shall we?

p.s.  i had only 2 tiny glasses of reg wine, and 2 of sangria. the glasses were @ 6 oz. each.
 i stayed over... fell asleep face-down @ 11:30. WTF?!?!
i suspect ruffies were involved. 

5 comments:

  1. LOL
    I'm so sending you my address when it's my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ... my, you need some Red Bull with a zing!
    I love me Pitchers of Sangria. I thirst ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the bottom of my awards page is something for you.

    I was bored and feeling arty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about naming my kid Sangria

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTM-
    You had better name him/her Sangria. The next one can be Margarita, or even Pabst Blue Ribbon...
    I may like that name best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something back... don't be shy