gra-tu-i-tous |grəˈt(y)oōitəs|
{ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Latin gratuitus ‘given freely,spontaneous’}
adjective:
1. uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted : gratuitous violence.2. given or done free of charge : gratuitous advice.
vi-o-let |ˈvī(ə)lət|{ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French violette} adjective:
1. a bluish-purple color seen at the end of the spectrum opposite red.
noun:
2. a herbaceous plant of temperate regions, typically having purple, blue,or white five-petaled flowers, one of which forms a landing pad for pollinating insects. Genus Viola, family Violaceae.
3. ME.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

calendars are not in my cards

i find it difficult to abide by linear time; to live by the julian calendar is a challenge- especially since i misplaced my paper calendar. [i don't like online calendars, so forget that.] 
but back to the linear thing- 
i don't learn that way, or strive to achieve my goals in that way either. 
this seemingly has caused much frustration to those around me who do live this way, but so what? that's not my problem. 
if we were all alike life would be lame. mega lame. white baseball caps lame. eew.
so, i do my best, i get to work on time, chart my period and stuff like that, but if it weren't for text/email reminders to pay my bills, i'd be shut off completely. 
on occasion, i like to remember certain days though. especially if they are important to me- like a vacation [what's that?] or days i do/don't have to go in to work. i don't remember most birthdays, but remember friends' astro sun signs. and if i have an anniversary- i most likely will not remember it. i did once. i guess it's not very important to me. 
that being said...

today was the summer solstice. june 21st. how did i miss this?
every year [or 99% of the time] i forget what day is what- as in the number of the day, and i still haven't tried to balance an egg upright! 
really, i forgot again?!?

i'm bummed, but in effort to do something solsticey, i lit some candles to honor the elements of the season, and did a tarot reading using the new deck i just bought a couple weeks ago. i pulled random cards with this deck before, but had not done a proper reading. 
solstice is a perfect day/reason to read.

was crowley a misunderstood genius, 
or a sycophantic madman?

the spread

lots of fire and air energies in store for me this summer. fitting for a hot season, no? 
looks like i need to stay on track, and work even harder to achieve my goals. 
go figure... is there ever a break?
also- recently,  i keep pulling the hierophant card over and over.
i guess it's time to stop resisting the lesson of the hierophant, and get to listening.
who will be my strong [expert/occult-ish] masculine life guide? 
i hope he's kind, and patient with me.

like this master:

i'm under her spell

so, although i forgot to try and balance the egg, i did a couple earthy things today. 
like make this:

banana oat bread with almond slivers. 
"grumpy piggy" cutting board courtesy of the late great grandpa.

and this:

-up close and personal-
but this one's baked with currants!


i hope someone out there remembered to balance an egg!

just this guy...
wait, is that a bong in the background? thumbs up!

on second thought, maybe calendars are in my cards- 
the hierophant is into order and shit like that... damn, i'm screwed!


anyway- happy summer, bitches!!!

4 comments:

  1. Of course that's a bong in the background, look at the guy. He's balancing an egg as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take some of that banana oat thing please.

    p.s. currants are passe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! I thought I was the only one who didn't know their 'arse from their elbow' when it came to what day of the day/month/year it is.

    Crowley...everytime I see a picture of the man, I shiver, great cards though. You couldn't do a reading by proxy could you? Don't read my own cards and I'm in need of some divine inspiration...or failing that, chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of things I loved about my (now over) break from work was not needing to care about time/date.

    It is very freeing, I never remember birthdays but know everyone's star sign.
    Might have to get my cards out later now.

    ReplyDelete

Say something back... don't be shy